Introducing People To The Life God Intended

Brandon Goff. Lead Pastor of Radiate Church in Columbia, SC. Married to Megan, 2 kids - Brody and Kiley.

Monday, May 6, 2013

Your Greatest Weapon: 1/5

Hey guys. Based the message this past week, and the new series starting this week - "Toxic Mindsets" - I wanted to blog this week to keep us learning and growing. Last week we looked at the Armor (Ephesians 6:10-18) and what that meant for us. There are 5 pieces of DEFENSIVE armor, and 1 piece of OFFENSIVE armor. You need WAY MORE to shield you from hurt, than you do to win the fight. Let's break some of this stuff down.

This week: BELT OF TRUTH

Ever heard the saying "The truth hurts"? Or even "You can't handle the truth"? The reality of life is that most of the time that truth is introduced into our lives, both of those statements have truth. (haha, see what I did there?) There's something to be said about someone that doesn't shy from truth, whether they are giving it or receiving it. According to the scripture we're breaking down, truth is meant to shield and protect us from attacks, from hurts, and from pains. So, essentially, when we are denying truth, we are removing protection.

Think of this: Jesus said that He is the The Way, The TRUTH, and the Life... If "The Way" and "The Life" are connected to the truth, then it only stands to reason that when we receive and correctly give truth we are beginning to see THE WAY to THE LIFE! (oohhh, now that was good. I think I'm gonna praise for a minute...)

The truth does hurt sometimes. It usually hurts the most when it contradicts a comfortable way of life for me. I remember when starting Radiate Church, someone, a mentor/friend of mine, came in and told me things that I needed to change/work on. Some of it hurt because that was MY baby! That was MY church! That was how I had set it up! But, I was wrong about something... it wasn't my baby, God had birthed, fought for, and defended that church long before I ever became the vision carrier! And that wasn't my church... God had envisioned the personality and productivity of Radiate long before I was titled Lead Pastor! The truth hurt, because I was used to one thing, and it was being challenged. And here's something to remember the way I handle truth, is the way I'm protected while I'm on THE WAY to THE LIFE!

So, this week, find ways to receive the truth of the Word of God, the voice of God, and from the messengers of God. Listen, let yourself be protected and challenged and understand...The way to the life runs right in the middle of THE TRUTH!

See you tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment