Introducing People To The Life God Intended

Brandon Goff. Lead Pastor of Radiate Church in Columbia, SC. Married to Megan, 2 kids - Brody and Kiley.

Wednesday, September 12, 2012

The Journey

For a few weeks, I have had an issue with our website here. As you know by now, I'm sure... we have moved from brandondgoff.com to explosivedestiny.com - I believe this better suits our purpose!

As I think back on my journey as a planter, as short as it may be, I've noticed a common theme. I seem to try to get ahead of God sometimes. I'm not a very patient person. I don't like to wait for much, I don't like to let things "run their course"... I'm just a NOW kind of person. Maybe you're a lot like that yourself. From what I can tell - most dreamers/visionary's seem to be this way. We see it and want it!

But, in the process of being angry about waiting, unhappy about delayed results, and frustrated with the journey, I've learned a powerful lesson - If I can do it myself, I'm not doing enough!

The reason I need to wait sometimes is because I'm personally not ready for the supernatural things God can bring. I must wait, because I must grow. Without growth, I cannot hold the fruit of God with ease. I have a tree out by my back porch. It has many flowers and blooms on it. Some of the branches are falling to the ground right now, simply because of the weight of the blooms. The branches are not strong enough to hold the weight of the fruit.

God doesn't desire for us to lay on the ground, and struggle to hold the fruit and blessing - He wants us to be able to hold it, flaunt it, and appreciate it! If I could create the results I wanted, I'm not doing enough! It's the journey where the destination is appreciated. If you don't take the journey, you can't learn the road.

A wise man once said to me, "Don't despise small beginnings." Now, I'm a big thinker, a dreamer, a visionary. Small beginnings are almost insulting to me. But, as I've walked this road - I've begun to see where he was right. Dave Ramsey says "Most big things start with a simple story." The more I walk this lonely, frustrating, exciting, and fulfilling road of church planting - the more I understand... small beginnings can happen to create within us a foundation for bigger things.

Don't get ahead of God. Don't try to speed up the process. Your rate of growth will determine your rate of GROWTH! The journey takes you to your destination - if you despise the journey, you'll never appreciate the destination.

I'm praying over you today!

No comments:

Post a Comment